Thursday, November 2, 2017

Pre-Video Assignment, Kostka

The bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAxItYp9aFY

The random video clips behind the text made it difficult to read along since my eyes gravitated towards the random guy washing the side of a building. While I like that I don't need audio to follow this video, the text goes by pretty quickly and it's highly numbers based (Understandably so, considering it's about a tax plan). I think it would have been better to highlight the 'so-what' about each tax proposal since I'm left unsure if it really does anything in my life.

The Good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbiY0Sk1G0g

I love the start of it, jumping straight into the topic to pull you in. The interview this video begins with basically sums up the entire story. The guy is shocked to hear Christian Pulisic is American. I think it mixes different video clips well, highlighting the speed of soccer by switching camera angles quickly. The sound is level so I can understand all the voices yet still get a sense of the atmosphere of Dortmund and the videos. It mixes old videos so well with interviews and tells the story well from his earliest days to his early successes with the national team and Dortmund.

No comments:

Post a Comment