Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Pre- Video Assignment - Seaforth

Good example:

http://www.iamsyria.org/art-feature.html

I think this a great multimedia project. Similar to the first video, this is about refugees who are fleeing for a better life. This video hones in on Syrian children who have to flee the war. While this is only a two minute trailer to preview the project, I already feel connected and empathetic to the children and what they are going through. The natural sound and visuals in this video really hit home and makes you want to do something to help these children out. Showing the state of Syria and how everything is destroyed was a good way to send a powerful message. The music played throughout the video fit the tone and really made the documentary emotional. Overall, great visuals, great sound, great flow.


Bad Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTuX8wkBCNM

 I dont think this video is a good multimedia project. I like the concept and the message trying to be conveyed about immigrants and refugees, but I would have approached it much differently. I think interviewing George Tarr who is a Liberian immigrant himself was a good idea, but throughout the video, the audio was hard to distinguish at times due to rain, wind, or background noises from people close by. I thought the transition to the video VO/SOT with President Trump wasn't very good. Rachel Mayer addressed the video afterwards, but I think the overall flow of this video could be better. I didnt feel connected or empathetic as one usually would with a topic this serious. Biggest things for me were audio and flow of the project and I just didnt resonate with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment